Individual therapy is a therapeutic intervention, and is geared to assist individual in identifying and resolving personal, social, vocational, intra-personal and interpersonal skills. Services are performed to achieve the individual specific goals as documented in his/her Individualized Treatment Plan. These services address goals/issues such as promoting recovery restoration, development, enhancement or maintenance of:
- a) illness and medication management and side effects,
knowledge and skills in symptom management, behavioral management, relapse prevention skills in taking medication as prescribed.
- Problem solving and cognitive skills
- Healthy coping mechanisms
- Adaptive behaviors and skills
- Behavioral problems
- Anxiety and depression
- Relationship issues
- Knowledge regarding mental illness, substance related disorders and other relevant topics that assist in meeting the individual or the support system’s needs.
Services are provided by a Licensed Certified Professional at least once a week.